Canadian Experience Class (CEC) is an immigration program aimed to help foreign students and workers apply for permanent residency in Canada. It is one out of three economic programs within the online Express Entry system.
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- The Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- The Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Canada invites thousands of foreign workers living there to apply for the Express Entry Canadian Experience Class. Candidates having a year of experience of work in Canada can qualify for this program which would let them become a Permanent Resident of Canada extremely fast.
Requirements for Canadian Experience Class
- Meet the required language levels needed for your job for each language ability
- Have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply—you can meet this in a few different ways:
- Full-time at 1 job:30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full-time (1,560 hours)
- Equal amount in part-time work:for example 15 hours/week for 24 months = (1,560 hours). You can work as many part-time jobs as you need to meet this requirement.
- Full-time work at more than 1 job:30 hrs/week for 12 months at 1 job = (1,560 hrs)